The shortlists for the 2007 British Science Fiction Association (BSFA) awards were announced on 21 January 2008, as follows:
Best Short Fiction
BSFA Fiftieth Anniversary Award: Best Novel of 1958
- A Case of Conscience – James Blish (Ballantine)
- Have Spacesuit, Will Travel – Robert A Heinlein (first published in F&SF, August – October 1958)
- Non-Stop – Brian Aldiss (Faber)
- The Big Time – Fritz Leiber (Galaxy, March & April)
- The Triumph of Time – James Blish (Avon)
- Who? – Algis Budrys (Pyramid)
The shortlists for the awards were compiled from nominations submitted by members of the BSFA. They will be voted on by BSFA members and by attending members of the British national convention.
Nominations were also invited for the best non-fiction of 2007, but although a number of works were nominated there was no consensus and so no shortlist could be formed. A non-fiction award will therefore not be presented this year.
Eligibility criteria for the awards can be found here. A full list of works nominated in all the categories can be found here.